The Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) version 1.0 Cisco® Training on Demand course helps prepare you for beginning and associate-level roles in cybersecurity operations. It focuses on security principles and technologies using Cisco security products.
In addition, you gain an understanding of the TCP/IP suite, common security and basic cryptography concepts, network infrastructure and applications, and the different types of attacks. Finally, you learn the basic security techniques used in a security operations center (SOC) to find threats on a network using a variety of popular security tools within a “real-life” network infrastructure.
The SECFND v1.0 Training on Demand course is a self-paced course that consists of 14 sections of instructor video and text along with interactive activities, 12 hands-on lab exercises, content review questions, and challenge questions.
This course is designed for SOC security analysts and personnel, computer network defense analysts and infrastructure support personnel, future incident responders, Cisco channel partners, and those preparing for the 210-255 SECOPS exam.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe, compare, and identify various network concepts
- Understand the fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Describe and compare fundamental security concepts
- Describe network applications and their security challenges
- Understand basic cryptography principles
- Understand endpoint attacks, including interpreting log data to identify events in Windows and Linux
- Develop knowledge in security monitoring, including identifying sources and types of data and events
The knowledge and skills necessary before attending this course are:
- Working knowledge of the Windows and Linux operation systems, and basic knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 addressing