Small Group Communication
Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
Even in a small group, the lines of communication can be numerous. In this course, you'll learn how to exploit the advantages associated with small group collaboration while mitigating the disadvantages that often come along with it. You'll explore how to avoid groupthink and how to facilitate a meeting for a small group. You'll also learn how to use brainstorming to help your group generate creative solutions.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The advantages and disadvantages of small groups
- How to determine the number of lines of communication within your small group
- How to identify and stop groupthink
- Tips for effective facilitation
- Keys to managing a brainstorming session
- Definition of Small Groups
- Interpersonal vs. Small Group Communication
- Lines of Communication
- Challenges of Small Groups
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Small Groups
- Improving Small Group Communication
2. Avoiding Groupthink
- What Is Groupthink?
- The Problem with Groupthink
- When Is Groupthink Likely to Occur?
- Symptoms and Dangers of Groupthink
- Communication Tools to Stop Groupthink
3. Effective Facilitation
- What Is Facilitation?
- What Is a Facilitator?
- Leadership vs. Facilitation
- Facilitator Duties
- The Facilitator's Roles and Responsibilities
- Good and Bad Facilitation Behaviors
- What Is Brainstorming?
- What Are the Benefits of Brainstorming?
- Getting People's Creativity Flowing
- Managing the Brainstorming Session
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.