This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence in virtualization. The SAN Volume Controller (SVC) facilitates storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. This focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the SVC into the storage area network.
It also explains how to:
- Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools.
- Improve storage optimization and efficiency through Thin Provisioning, Data Reduction and Compression
- Implement storage tiering and optimize flash drives and storage usage with Easy Tier
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment.
- Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirement.
This course offering is at the IBM Spectrum Virtualize V126.96.36.199 level.