Planning and Implementation for Consultants (CO50)
Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
The real value of technical consulting comes after a recommendation is accepted by a client. Through successful implementation, the client has the opportunity to realize the value of the solution defined. Often however, technical consultants are not involved in the implementation, and even when they are they have to work with and through others to help their clients achieve the desired outcomes. Without proper implementation planning, there is a high risk that the solution will not deliver the anticipated value to the client, which could negatively impact the credibility of the technical consultant and damage their relationship with the client.
ThisÂ interactive workshop helps both internal and external consultants build the skills and knowledge required to ensure clients realize the value of the consultant's recommendation.
- Assess the impact your recommendations will have on people
- Understand and deal with differing perceptions of change
- Uncover and respond to resistance to change
- Identify the risks associated with the transition, and plan to offset them
- Follow a plan for transferring key information and insights to the project manager, implementation team and client
Anyone in an internal or external consulting role
Other technical professionals who would like to improve the outcomes of their consulting engagements by:
- Planning an effective hand-off to a project team
- Minimizing implementation risk through effective planning and communication
- Ensuring the client is prepared to support change that result from solution implementation
Self-study on the Consulting Skills Portal prior to attending class.
Prework: Preparation Phase
- Complete the Leading Transformation Personal Benchmark
- Video adVisors
- Review the Consulting Engagement Life Cycle
- Complete a Benchmark Assessment
- Discussion with Your Manager / Coach
- Introduction to Course
- Personal Learning Objectives
- The Consulting Life Cycle
- Your Experience with Change
- The Change Process
- Seven Reasons Change Fails
Change and the Consulting Life Cycle
- Identifying Implementation Success Factors
- The Role(s) of a Consultant In Implementation
- Setting Implementation Teams Up for Success
Levels of Change
- The Change Planning Process
- Defining Change Goals
- Assessing the Level of Change and Planning Supporting Actions
- Identifying and Correcting Impact of Change Perception Gaps
The Impact of Change
- Change Enablers and Barriers
- Recognizing Active and Passive Resistance to Change
- The Impact of Change Model
- Adapting Behaviours
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Working with Project Teams to Identify and Mitigate Risks
- Transferring Knowledge
- Your Personal Action Plan
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.