Learn how to master using RMAN to perform backup and recovery activities on Oracle databases.
The course does not only cover the on-site single-instance databases, it also covers RAC, multitenant, and Oracle Database Cloud service as well.
Not only the course will demonstrate the concepts for you, you will also gain practical experience on implementing them.
- Describe Oracle technologies involved in backup and recovery activities
- Use RMAN to perform all Oracle database backup strategies and types: whole/partial, full/incremental, complete/incomplete, and online/offline
- Implement advanced backup options: compression, encryption, multisection, duplexing backups, and archival backups
- Perform all common recovery scenarios:
- Loss of database critical files
- Loss of application data
- Loss of database non-critical files
- Manage RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Cross-platform data transportation
- Duplicate a database using RMAN
- Use Oracle Database Backup Cloud Service
- Use RMAN in Oracle RAC and multitenant databases
- Understand the best practices on developing backup and recovery plans
Content and Overview
Information presented in this course provides Oracle Database Administrators the knowledge and experience to perform backup and recovery activities on Oracle databases.
Through this extensive course, you’ll learn all of the using RMAN to manage backup and recovery activities on Oracle databases. After every concepts lecture, you will implement a hands-on practical exercise. To guide you on implementing the practices, the practice lectures are supported by video-based demonstrations and the downloadable guide documents.
Starting with introducing the Oracle RMAN architecture, this course will take you all the way from performing basic database backup up to implementing advanced backup options on the produced backups.
You will understand and practically produce all the possible RMAN backup strategies and types, including whole/partial, full/incremental, complete/incomplete, and online/offline backup. You will also implement advanced backup options, such as compression, encryption, multisection, duplexing backups, and archival backups.
You will also simulate all known common recovery scenarios from losing database critical files, losing application data, and losing database non-critical files. You will cover the further RMAN capabilities, like RMAN Recovery Catalog, cross-platform data transportation, and cloning databases.
Beside all those technical practical skills, you will also understand the best practices on developing backup and recovery plans.
This course covers the latest available backup and recovery technology provided by Oracle, that is Oracle Database Backup Cloud Service.
This is an opportunity for the students to gain practical experience on protecting the databases from future incidents.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to develop a practical backup and recovery for Oracle databases in production systems.
Join the author in this learning journey to experience this amazing technology!
What you’ll learn?
- Perform complete/incomplete, full/incremental and whole/partial backups using RMAN
- Perform all common recovery scenarios
- Use RMAN with Oracle Database Backup Cloud Service
- Report and Monitor RMAN Backups and Jobs
- Use RMAN backup advanced options
- Perform all supported cross-platform transportation techniques
- Perform all supported database duplication techniques
- Manage RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Produce encrypted backups
- Use RMAN in a multitenant environment
- Use RMAN in a RAC environment
- Handle corrupted blocks
- Use Data Recovery Advisor
Who this course is for?
- Oracle Database Administrators who to create and implement a backup and recovery plan of Oracle databases using RMAN
- Familiarity with Oracle database administration
- Familiarity with Linux operating system basics
- PC with Windows 7,8, or 10 – 64-bit, Memory 16 GB, Free HDD 280 GB, connection to the internet