Navigating Office Politics
Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
The term "office politics" often has a negative connotation; however, office politics is really about developing relationships to get the results you want. In this course, you'll learn how to succeed at office politics without having to backstab, deceive, or grovel. You'll discover the high costs of opting out of office politics and learn which types of organizations are the best fit for your political style. You'll learn what to do and what to avoid to become politically astute.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The benefits of participating in office politics
- How to identify your political style
- Tips for identifying and navigating informal networks
- Common pitfalls to avoid
- How to behave ethically in a political environment
1. What Is "Office Politics"?
- Definition of Office Politics
- Benefits of Being Political
- Costs of Opting Out of Office Politics
2. Political Styles
- The Purist
- The Team Player
- The Street Fighter
- The Maneuverer
- Identifying with a Political Style
- Fit of Style to Organization Type
3. How to Be a Good Politician at Work
- Avoid Common Pitfalls
- Informal Networks
- How to Be Politically Astute
- Signs of a Toxic Workplace
4. Communicating with Your Boss
- How to Communicate with Your Boss
- Things to Avoid When Communicating with Your Boss
5. Ethics and Values
- Ethics and Values in a Political World
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.