The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework has become the standard in IT Service Management across the globe. ITIL helps all organizations, regardless of their industry or business sector, provide their IT services using the most efficient and economical methods. The framework focuses on IT Service Management best practices and efficient operations, and is used in government, commercial, and non-profit organizations, alike.
This course covers the ITIL Foundation exam (with the most current objectives) which is the entry-level certification in the ITIL framework and offers an exceptional overview of ITIL. By obtaining your ITIL Foundation certification, you are showing employers that you understand the key elements, concepts, and terminology used in the ITIL service lifecycle, including how operations move between each stage of the lifecycle, the processes used, and their overall contribution to the service management best practices.
This course includes an overview of the ITIL Lifecycle, Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement phases. Additionally, this courses comes with 2 complete practice exams that simulate the type of questions you will receive on the ITIL Foundation exam.
Who this course is for?
- Students who want to take and pass the ITIL Foundations certification exam on the first try
- Students who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Students who want to understand how the ITIL framework can be used to enhance IT service management within their organizations
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that utilized ITIL and who need understand the framework to contribute to an ongoing service improvement
- Anyone who has an interest in the ITIL framework