Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
Interpersonal communications is the means by which we develop meaningful relationships with others. In this course, you'll learn about the interpersonal communication continuum and basic principles of effective interpersonal communication. You'll explore the concept of the communication loop and the interpersonal gap. You'll also learn how physical and personal space affects the way a message is received.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The definition of interpersonal communication
- The eight principles of effective interpersonal communication
- How to bridge the interpersonal gap
- Components and considerations of sending a message
- Tips for using active listening to become a better communicator
- The Importance of Communicating Effectively
- What Is Interpersonal Communication?
- Buber's Interpersonal Communication Continuum
2. Principles of Interpersonal Communication
- Eight Principles of Effective Interpersonal Communication
3. Obstacles to Communication
- Proxemic Zones
4. Interpersonal Gap
- What Is the Interpersonal Gap?
- Summary of Interpersonal Gap
5. Sending a Message
- Message Basics
- Content and Objectives
- Know Your Audience
- Message Formats
6. Active Listening
- Listening Facts
- Listening with Understanding
- How to Listen Actively
- Components of Active Listening
- Be an Active Listener
- The Use of Questions
- Perception Checking
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.