Implementing Cisco® Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND) Version 1.0 is a Cisco Training on Demand course. It is in the curriculum for the CCNA® Wireless certification, and it prepares you for the use, positioning, planning, implementation, and operation of Cisco WLAN networks. The course also provides you with information and practice activities to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in small-business and enterprise installations. At the associate level, the course aims at providing you entrylevel information about the Cisco WLAN solutions and avoids specializing in any of the advanced features of the Cisco WLAN networks solutions.
Interested in purchasing this course in volume at discounts for your company? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WIFUND Training on Demand is a self-paced course based on the 5-day instructor-led training version. It consists of 42 sections of consumable segments through instructor video and text, totaling more than 18 hours of instruction along with interactive activities, 33 hands-on lab exercises, content review questions, and challenge questions.
This course is designed for wireless network associates and administrators, technicians, test engineers, network planning engineers, implementation support engineers, network analysts, and those preparing for the 200-355 WIFUND exam.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the basic RF principles and characteristics
- Describe WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices
- Define the Cisco WLAN architecture and the underling infrastructure used to support it
- Implement a centralized wireless access network using AireOS or Cisco IOS® -XE wireless LAN controllers
- Implement a converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using Cisco FlexConnect®, autonomous, or cloud architectures
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
- Describe the requirements for a WLAN design
The knowledge and skills recommended before attending this course are:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Parts 1 & 2 (ICND1 & ICND2) or
- Cisco CCENT® certification