The Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 1 (CIVND1) Cisco® Training on Demand course provides you with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. You learn how to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments, such as codec options, media formats, and protocols, as well as how to understand the network impact, high-level architectural components, interactions, and environmental considerations.
In addition, you learn about the individual products that can be brought together to form the Cisco Video Solution
Architecture. Finally, you learn how these products and services are connected together to reduce ongoing
operational costs of managing moves, adds, and changes.
The CIVND1 Training on Demand course is a self-paced course based on the 3-day instructor-led version of the
training. It consists of 8 sections of instructor video and text totaling more than 22 minutes of instruction, along with
interactive activities, content review, and challenge questions.
This course is designed for entry-level to experienced administrators, channel partners, customers, end users, and
those preparing for the 210-065 CIVND exam.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the evolution of video technologies
- Identify the main applications for video
- Differentiate between analog and digital video, explain how video is processed and coded, and describe the available formats
- Describe the differences between various video signaling protocols, such as H.320, H.323, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Explain the functional components of video infrastructure and their network requirements
- Understand the Cisco Video Solution Architecture and associated environmental requirements
- Install Cisco TelePresence® endpoints and Profile systems
The knowledge and skills necessary before attending this course is:
- Foundational IP networking knowledge, such as that which is included as part of the Cisco CCENT® or CCNA® certification
- Familiarity with the concepts included in the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) course and with the basics from the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) course