Implementing Cisco® Network Security (IINS) Version 3.0 is a Cisco Training on Demand course. It is in the curriculum for the CCNA® Security certification. It provides you with an understanding of common security concepts and how to deploy basic security techniques using a variety of popular security appliances in a real-life network infrastructure.
This course provides a foundational understanding of the current threat landscape and threat-defense technologies used today, and security policy and architectures. The IINS course prepares you to work in a network security role working with various technologies, such as cryptography, identity management, firewalls, and infrastructure protection.
Interested in purchasing this course in volume at discounts for your company? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IINS Cisco Training on Demand course is a self-paced course based on the 5-day instructor-led training version. It consists of 21 sections of instructor video and text totaling more than 11 hours of instruction, along with interactive activities, 26 hands-on lab exercises, content review questions, and challenge questions.
This course is designed for network security specialists, security technicians, security administrators, network security support engineers, principle system engineers, Cisco Channel Partners, and those preparing for the 210-260 IINS exam.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe common network security concepts
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization, and accounting services
- Deploy basic firewalling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Describe the use of more advanced security services, such as intrusion protection, content security, and identity management
The knowledge and skills necessary before attending this course are:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS® networking and concepts