Implementing Cisco® Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) Version 1.0 is a Cisco Training on Demand course. It provides you with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and manage security about Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls, Cisco routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco switches. You gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. You also learn how to reduce the risk to your IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco switches, Cisco ASAs and router security appliance features, and provide detailed operations support for these products.
Interested in purchasing this course in volume at discounts for your company? Contact email@example.com.
The SENSS Training on Demand course is a self-paced course based on the 5-day instructor-led training version. It consists of 21 sections of instructor video and text totaling more than 8 hours of instruction along with interactive activities, 11 hands-on lab exercises, content review questions, and challenge questions.
The primary audiences for this course are those preparing for the 300-206 SENSS exam and network security engineers.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe and implement Cisco modular network security architectures, such as Cisco SecureX Architecture® and TrustSec® products
- Deploy Cisco infrastructure management and control plane security controls
- Configure Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 data plane security controls
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT)
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS® Software NAT
- Design and deploy Cisco threat defense solutions on a Cisco ASA using access policy and application, and identity-based inspection
- Implementing Cisco Botnet Traffic Filters
- Deploying Cisco IOS zone-based policy firewalls (ZBFW)
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW application inspection policy
The knowledge and skills necessary before attending this course are:
- Cisco CCNA® certification
- Cisco CCNA Security certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system