Implementing Cisco® Unified Communications Applications (CAPPS) Version 1.0 is a Cisco Training on Demand course. It prepares you for integrating Cisco Unity Connection, Unity Express, Unified Presence (includes IM), and video into a collaboration deployment. The course describes voice messaging deployment scenarios, Cisco Unified Presence features, and troubleshooting mechanisms, as well as Cisco Unified IM and Presence and Cisco Jabber® integration options with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Interested in purchasing this course in volume at discounts for your company? Contact email@example.com.
The CAPPS Training on Demand course is a self-paced course based on the 5-day instructor-led training version. The course consists of 22 sections of instructor video and text totaling more than 7 hours of instruction along with interactive activities, 9 hands-on lab exercises, content review questions, and challenge questions.
The primary target audiences for this course are those preparing for the 300-085 CAPPS exam, network administrators, and network engineers who are CCNP® Collaboration candidates. Secondary audiences are systems engineers who are interested in broadening their learning and experience in the Cisco Collaboration environment.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Implement Cisco Unity Connection in a Cisco Unified Communications deployment
- Describe how to implement Cisco Unity Express in a Cisco Unified Communications Express deployment
- Implement Cisco Unified IM and Presence and Cisco Jabber Desktop and Mobile using a bring-your-owndevice (BYOD) configuration.
- Integrate Cisco Video Communication Server (VCS) and Cisco TelePresence® Management Suite into a Cisco Collaboration deployment
The knowledge and skills recommended before attending this course are:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching, and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to set up VLANs and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Basics of digital interfaces, public switched telephone networks (PSTNs), and voice over IP (VoIP)
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks and Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployments