Getting Your Message Across
Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
Communication is vital to success, but it's not enough to simply send a message—you need to ensure that it's received and understood. In this course, you'll learn how barriers and filters impede communication and how to bridge the interpersonal gap so that your intentions have the desired effect. You'll also learn how active listening can make you a better communicator, how to use questions to confirm understanding, and how to deal with cultural factors that may interfere with your message.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The importance of the communication loop model
- The difference between barriers and filters
- How the relationship of intent, action, and effect affects understanding
- The questions you should ask about your audience and their expectations
- Tips for managing intercultural communication
- The Importance of Communicating Effectively
- Communication Types
2. Interpersonal Communication
- Communication Loop
- Obstacles to Communication
- Interpersonal Gap
3. Sending a Message
- Content and Objectives
- Know Your Audience
- Message Formats
4. Active Listening
- How to Listen Actively
- Components of Active Listening
- Be an Active Listener
- The Use of Questions and Perception Checking
5. Impact of Culture on Communication
- What Is Culture?
- What Is Intercultural Communication Competence?
- Communicating Across Cultures
- Cultural Dimensions
- Tips for Managing Intercultural Communication
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.