Designing Cisco® Wireless Enterprise Networks (WIDESIGN) Version 1.0 is a Cisco Training on Demand course. It is in the curriculum for the CCNP® Wireless certification and provides you a new perspective on designing wireless networks. You learn how to design a Cisco wireless network from beginning to end, from customer first contact to post-deployment reports, and how to conduct walk-throughs, identify difficult areas, and optimize the survey process to provide a better access-point-to-coverage ratio. With this course, you use tools to assist in wireless design and management as well as labs that reinforce design concepts.
Interested in purchasing this course in volume at discounts for your company? Contact email@example.com.
The WIDESIGN Training on Demand is a self-paced course based on the 5-day instructor-led training version. It consists of 25 sections of instructor video and text totaling more than 17 hours of instruction along with interactive activities, content review questions, and challenge questions.
This course is intended for wireless network engineers with 3 to 5 years of experience in the networking field and those preparing for the 300-360 WIDESIGN exam.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the needs of wireless networks today
- Describe wireless architectures and core components
- Describe wireless design methodologies and best practices
- Design for real-time applications
- Examine planning and design tools
- Implement a wireless design
- Describe troubleshooting methodology
The knowledge and skills recommended before attending this course are:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND)
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Prime® Infrastructure and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISR)
- Basic knowledge of Metageek Channelizer Software, voice signaling protocols, basic quality of service (QoS), Cisco Application Visibility and Control, and LAN switching