This course focuses primarily on Azure SQL Database as a database service that can quickly and efficiently scale to meet demand, is automatically highly available, and supports a variety of third party software.
You’ll be introduced to data services that Azure provides to store, manage, and analyze data. As an alternative to the cost and complexity of managing on-site SQL Server installations, you’ll learn how to quickly set up and start using database applications in Azure. You’ll gain an understanding of how to configure firewall rules, manage log-ins and users, as well as roles and permissions, perform a database restore, and generally secure an Azure SQL database.
Ongoing monitoring of your database applications is essential so you’ll be introduced to tools and techniques that will help you determine usage requirements, plan upgrades, and troubleshoot performance and security issues.
Finally, you’ll be introduced to Azure SQL Data Warehouse, a fully managed and scalable cloud service, that is compatible with other Azure offerings, such as Machine Learning and Data Factory, as well as existing SQL Server tools. As a distributed database management system that can handle large amounts of data in which analytics play a significant role, Azure SQL Data Warehouse provides an ideal solution for organizations that work with Big Data and need to scale up and down quickly.
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- Familiarity with database concepts: relational databases, tables, queries, and schemas.
- Proficiency in PowerShell and command line scripting.
What you will learn
- How to plan for, deploy, and provision Azure SQL Database.
- How to implement, secure, and manage Azure SQL Database.
- How to use metrics, alerts, auditing, and dynamic management views to monitor Azure SQL Database.
- How to use Azure SQL Data Warehouse for Big Data solutions.
Official Microsoft Certificate
Microsoft Certificate of Completion