Cybersecurity Specialization: Architecture and Policy
Categories: Cybersecurity, Guaranteed To Run™
Organizations require people with the skills to make decisions to secure information systems based on best practices, standards, and industry recommendations. Security architects fill this need. These skilled cybersecurity professionals design and implement secure architectures and translate business processes and risk into policy and implementation rules.
Cybersecurity Specialization: Architecture and Policy provides an overview for designing and deploying a security architecture. In this course, you will integrate security policies across network, application, information, and access control architectures as well as cloud and hybrid cloud models. You will review and implement industry standard best practices and policies (NIST, etc.), along with standard architecture framework models.
The course uses a challenge-based design that focuses on what a learner should be able to do at the end of the course and back on the job. The practice opportunities and challenge activities resembleâas much as possibleâtasks the learner would be asked to perform in a real-life situation.
- Security architectâs role in the security lifecycle
- Use recognized frameworks to support controls and reduce risk
- Capture security requirements for network, application, data, and access control architectures
- Design appropriate access controls based on the mission of the organization including role based, task based, or other access controls
- Verify compliance to standards for an architecture
- Update an architecture to mitigate risk in response to a security auditorâs list of findings
- Establish security policy creation and management
- Design secure virtualized environments
- Identify components and concerns that might impact a cloud migration
- Examine options for incorporating key management into your architecture
- Document an architecture in an appropriate format representing requirements and domains
Any mid-career or intermediate level person with an interest in security architecture and who has been in a cybersecurity role or organization for at least 2 years.
While security architect is typically a senior role in many organizations, Cybersecurity Specialization: Architecture and Policy is a mid-level course focused on building the skills a security architect will use on the job.
As such, the ideal candidate for this course will already have strong technical skills and experience in more than one technical area (for example, network infrastructure configuration, web services, and identity and access management), but may have more limited experience in cybersecurity.
They may have an interest in security architecture but no experience, or they may be performing some architecture tasks already as part of their job.
Frameworks and the Lifecycles
- IT lifecycle management
- Security policies
Design a Network Security Architecture
- Network segmentation
- Network components
- Practice: Identify network flows
- Industry best practices
- Roles and responsibilities
Design a Secure Application Architecture
- History of development
- The application architect
- Application architecture goals
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Modular framework development
- Vulnerability testing
Design a Data Security Architecture
- Data architecture
- Classification of data
- Database security
- Big data
- Data architecture analysis
- Data architecture influences
Design an Access Control Security Architecture
- Identity and access management
- Access control policy
- Access control models
- Centralized access control
- Bring your own device
- Access reviews
Update a Security Architecture
- Impact of change
- Life cycle management
- Architecture changes
Document a Security Architecture
- Documentation life cycle
- Input documentation
- Architecture documentation
- Output documentation
- Security requirements traceability matrix (RTM)
Examine Alternative Architectures
- Cloud security architecture
- Shared responsibility
- Key management for cloud
Course Look Around
- Look back at what you learned
- Look ahead
- Consider additional training
- Challenge: Design a network security architecture
- Challenge: Design a secure application architecture
- Challenge: Design a data security architecture
- Challenge: Design an access control security architecture
- Challenge: Update a security architecture
- Challenge: Document a security architecture
- Challenge: Examine alternative architectures
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.