Creating Effective Presentations
Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
Preparing and delivering a presentation may seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be. In this course, you'll learn the basics of preparing, designing, and giving presentations that will stick with your audience. You'll explore the importance of knowing your audience and purpose. You'll also learn how to organize and structure a presentation and tips for designing visual aids that can enhance it. Finally, you'll receive public speaking tips to help you feel more confident about presenting to an audience.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The difference between speeches and presentations
- The importance of tailoring your presentation to your audience
- The benefits of keeping your message simple
- How to structure your presentation so it will resonate with your audience
- Design tips for slides or other visual aids
- Tips and best practices for delivering your presentation
- Speeches vs. Presentations
- Difference between Facilitation and Presentation
2. Audience and Purpose
- Preparation Is the First Key to Success
- Identify Your Audience
- Know Your Purpose
- Determine the Duration
- Choose Your Topic
- Research Your Topic Thoroughly
- Keep Your Message Simple and Short
- Organize Your Presentation
- Prepare an Outline
- Create a Logical Flow
- Build in Overviews and Repetition
- Keep Visual Aids Simple
- Use Color to Your Advantage
- Use the Right Fonts
- Limit Text on Slides
- Use Charts and Graphs Effectively
- Use High-Quality Graphics
- Public Speaking Tips
- PowerPoint Tips
6. Best Practices
- Presentation Best Practices
- Visual Aids Best Practices
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.