Implementing Cisco® Collaboration Devices (CICD) Version 1.0 is a Cisco Training on Demand course. It is designed to provide you with an overview of administrator and end-user interface options in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unified Communications Manager Express, Unity Connection, and Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence service. You also learn the call flows, perform endpoint administration tasks, and learn how to maintain a Cisco Unified Communications solution. The course content has been adapted to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.5 software and technically updated.
In addition, you learn the theory of BGP and how to configure BGP on Cisco IOS® routers. You learn detailed troubleshooting information and the skills necessary for configuring and troubleshooting BGP networks in customer environments. Finally, you learn about BGP network design issues and usage rules for various features.
The BGP Training on Demand is a self-paced course based on the 5-day instructor-led training. It consists of 34 sections of instructor video and text instruction, along with interactive activities, 25 hands-on lab exercises, content review questions, and challenge questions.
This course is designed for network engineers and technicians, support engineers, systems engineers, network analysts, and senior network administrators.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable interdomain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
- Use BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process with minimal impact on BGP route processing in a network scenario where you must support connections to multiple Internet service providers
- Use BGP attributes to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections
- Implement the correct BGP configuration to successfully connect the customer network to the Internet in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections
- Enable the provider network to behave as a transit autonomous system (AS) in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Identify common BGP scaling issues and enable route reflection and confederations as possible solutions to these issues in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
The knowledge and skills recommended before attending this course are:
- Completion of Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND1) or the Cisco CCNA® certification
- Completion of Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) or equivalent