Communication Styles and Strategies
Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
There are four basic social styles: driver, analytical, amiable, and expressive. Knowing your dominant social style and the styles of others can help you become a more effective communicator. In this course, you'll learn how to identify your social style and that of others. You'll explore the positive and negative characteristics associated with each social style and the possible conflicts that may arise between people with different social styles. You'll also learn strategies from moving from an overly passive or aggressive communication style to an appropriate level of assertiveness.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- How to identify your social style
- Conflicts that may arise between people with different social styles
- Characteristics of passive, aggressive, and assertive communicators
- The relationship between assertiveness and responsiveness
- Strategies for improving your communication style
1. Social Styles and Communication
- Social Styles
- Two Variables: Assertiveness and Responsiveness
- Four Social Styles: Driver, Analytical, Amiable, and Expressive
- Style Complications
- Possible Conflicts
- How to Use Social Styles
2. Assertive Communication
- Assertiveness Scale
- Passive Communicators
- Aggressive Communicators
- Assertive Communicators
3. Strategies for Improvement
- General Strategies
- Strategies for Passives
- Strategies for Aggressives
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.