This course enables participants to align Cisco architectures, solutions and services with a customers strategic vision and technology needs. Participants will enhance their skills in executing a consultative, business-led sales approach.
Activities train on how to use Cisco’s strategic IT planning (roadmap building) approach to uncover customer priorities, IT capability gaps and financial drivers for Cisco-related IT investments. Participants build skills necessary to gain customer acceptance as a trusted advisor.
This training covers the following topics:
- Understanding a customer business strategy and priorities
- Moving beyond IT to engaging with Line of Business stakeholders; building credibility
- Identifying how Cisco architectures and solutions address customer IT capability gaps
- Running a workshop aimed at gaining stakeholder agreement to a roadmap of IT projects
- Effectively presenting to senior executives
- Understanding financial concepts; creating inputs for a business case.
The course prepares students for the 820-432 BTROAD exam required for earning the Cisco Business IT Roadmap Specialist certification.