Budgets and Beyond
Categories: Business Skills, Guaranteed To Run™
In this course, you'll explore the basic principles and functions of budgets. You'll learn about the problems associated with traditional budgets and discover how adaptive planning and control offers a more flexible alternative to traditional budgeting. You'll also learn about how replacing fixed targets with benchmarks based on key performance indicators can encourage a more entrepreneurial organization.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
- The high-level purpose of budgeting
- History of traditional budgeting
- Costs and problems associated with traditional budgeting
- Characteristics of adaptive planning and control
- Principles for moving beyond traditional budgets
- What Is a Budget?
- What Is Budgeting?
- High-Level Purpose of Budgeting
- Functions of Budgeting
- History of Traditional Budgeting
- Types of Budgets
2. Typical Budgeting Process
- Cost of Budgeting
- Problems with Budgeting
- Traditional Budgeting is Rigid
- Rigid Budgeting Impedes Innovation
- Fixed vs. Relative Outlook
3. Adaptive Planning and Control
- Characteristics of Adaptive Planning and Control
- Key Performance Indicators
- Rolling Forecasts
4. Moving Beyond Traditional Budgets
- Twelve Principles for Moving Beyond Budgets
- Leadership Principles
- Process Principles
- Moving from Traditional Budgeting to a New Model
Feel free to contact us, if you want to know the price and location of this course. A Digital Revolver representative will contact you shortly to help you with your inquiry.
Please fill out the form below
- Guaranteed to Run™. This ensures you will attend the instructor led class or live online class you want as scheduled without any disruptive cancellations*. You book the training you need, get back to focusing on your job and are sure your training requirements will be met saving time, money and ensuring peace of mind.
- This schedule icon the schedule indicates that this date/time will be conducted as Instructor Led Training (ILT) or a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) depending on the indicated class availablity.