IT industry sales and services professionals encounter customers who accept that major changes in business models, operating processes or technology may be required to greatly improve results. This course provides training on frameworks and techniques useful for diagnosing customer pain points and opportunities, defining solutions to these challenges and gaining customer buy-in for adoption on a broad scale.
This course consists of both ELT and ILT components. There is a preparatory ELT course that provides an overview of outcome-based selling and provides additional knowledge and resources prior to taking the ILT version. There is post-ELT course that summarizes the learning and activities from the ILT and provides additional information for successful outcome-based selling. The ELT will also be accessed during the ILT for additional references, case studies, and templates.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding customer strategies, competitive position and history with IT-enabled change
- Depicting key elements of a customer’s strategy and business model
- Discovering and conveying an understanding of customer pain points and opportunities, as a way to enhance credibility
- Describing the business relevance of Cisco Architectures and Smart Solutions
- Refining customer needs and creating high-level, business-focused IT solution designs
- Preparing a business case that shows investment, costs, benefits and risks
- Composing an initiative / project roadmap and describing its key success factors
- Demonstrating how Cisco products, solutions and services provide unique value, in context of the architecture lifecycle and customer conversation framework