Gain the crucial foundational skills to help you shift from being an individual contributor to a manager who gets results.
Using guided role play, exercises, and skill practice sessions, you will discover how to adjust your leadership style and tackle new challenges. In-depth skills practice using the Situational Leadership® II model combined with interactive activities take you through the paces of motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management, and leadership. You will be able to improve on key areas, play to your strengths, and get the best results from every member of your team.
This course provides an introduction to Ken Blanchard's Situational Leadership® II - a model for developing people and a way for leaders to help their employees become self-reliant achievers. To be truly effective, leaders' styles must adapt to the skills and commitment of the people they want to influence. With some people, managers have to provide a great deal of direction. With others, encouragement and appreciation trigger the best results. Still others deliver their best when allowed to take the ball and run with it. Situational Leadership® II helps managers become more flexible and responsive to their employees' needs.
How You Will Benefit
- Gain a deeper understanding of your roles and responsibilities
- Improve communication to effectively set expectations for yourself and your direct reports
- Adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of individual team members
- Communicate organizational goals that get results
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Use effective coaching techniques to maximize your team's performance